Those memorable events that occur in our lives can be saved forever thanks to cameras. We can reminisce on them later as we go through the pictures we have taken and relive those moments which we shared with people. Now, because of new innovations and advancements, cameras can go anywhere including under water. Thanks to the rise of the Olympus waterproof camera you can now capture your underwater activities like your kid’s first swimming class, pool parties, and even snorkeling adventures on vacation. Different possibilities open up and become easy when you make use of a waterproof camera. Filming underwater is no longer available to few people who can afford it, now it is available to anyone at all in pocket-sized Olympus waterproof cameras that are not just affordable but easy to use and yield quality results and the best can be found below with detailed pros and cons.
THE BEST OLYMPUS WATERPROOF CAMERA FOR DEEP DIVERS
This Olympus waterproof camera is tough, durable and long-lasting. Its waterproof depths are about 50ft/15m and it is totally ideal for snorkeling or surfing. It is crushproof – 220lbf/100kgf and shockproof with dimensions of 7ft/2.1m. Even more interesting, you will like that it is dustproof and freezeproof to 14°F/-10°C, and cannot be knocked down by chilly weather. With Its effective 16 Megapixel Sensor and Its Image Processor, you can now capture the small details and very bright colors of an enchanting moment. It has adjustable underwater modes that can be activated easily and quickly with the mode dial.
SEE ON AMAZON
- It has an HDR mode that can auto-combine your multiple photos to create an upgraded light and shadow underwater scene.
- This Olympus waterproof camera has a system that can offer you 4 options including close shots, microscope control for accurate magnification and focus bracketing and even stacking.
- It has a built-in WiFi and also a free share app so you can sync your other devices to wirelessly share your content.
- It has a GPS with landmark recognition that works in 10 seconds and gives barometric pressure, altitude, even water depth apart from working as a compass.
- It has a nice high-speed lens that can capture with speed and you can get clear shots with little noise in dim lighting.
- It can remove too bright areas from interval shots and combine into one image blending light and dark shots together.
- The aperture control sizes are quite limited as it just has three to choose from.
- The USB cable is not the standard mini kind you might be used to.
- It does not have a complete user manual in hardcopy but has a pdf document of about 121-pages.
This Olympus waterproof camera is versatile and tough and great for you if you are always on the go. This rugged camera with Its extremely versatile features allows you to instantly shoot or share whether it is day or night. It is waterproof to about 50ft, crushproof to 220 lbf, shockproof to 7ft and freezeproof to about 14°F and also dustproof. I was attracted to its inbuilt Wi-Fi and GPS that helps to keep you connected wherever you are. With this Olympus waterproof camera, you will remember all moments and share will people too. SEE ON AMAZON
- It allows you to take selfies, overhead shots, and low-angle underwater shots. The 180-degree flip LCD allows you compose videos from all angles.
- The monitor has adjustable positioning and upgraded brightness and clarity which makes it ideal for outside and underwater shots.
- The front button is programmable and can trip the shutter or even start video recording.
- This Olympus waterproof camera has LCD Boost which can further brighten its monitor and guide your way.
- It has 4 Sportcam video Modes that make capturing action easy. It can shoot smooth-motion HD videos and Its high-speed create slow-motion videos.
- It has time lapse that can compress several hours of action to short sequences.
- This Olympus waterproof camera has quite a poor picture quality in dim lighting.
- The camera sensor is quite noisy even when the lighting is not top notch.
SEE ALSO: THE BEST SAMSUNG WATERPROOF PHONES REVIEW
This Tough TG-4 can take everything you can give out and still keep shooting. It has waterproof depths of about 50ft/15m and it’s ideal for snorkeling or even battling the waves. It is crushproof to about 220lbf/100kgf and even shockproof with dimensions of 7ft/2.1m. It does not end there, from my experience it is dustproof and freezeproof to 14°F/-10°C, no frigid condition can faze it! From coral reefs to snowy slopes this Olympus waterproof camera is the one to keep with you always. Now you can capture in RAW to get the highest resolution shot and complete creative control. With Its efficient 16 Megapixel Sensor and Its Image Processor, you can now capture the small details and bright colors of an enchanting moment.
- This Olympus waterproof camera has a high-speed lens that can capture very fast. You can get blur-free shots quickly with little noise in dim lighting.
- It has adjustable underwater modes that can be activated quickly with the Mode Dial and an HDR mode that can auto combine multiple photos to create underwater scenes that have upgraded light and shadow.
- It has a Macro System that offers 4 options including shooting closely at 1cm, microscope control for accurate magnification and focus stacking and bracketing.
- This Olympus waterproof camera has a composite technology that can extract too bright areas from interval shots and combines them into one image to create amazing night and star scenes to share.
- It has a built-in WiFi and also a free share app so you can sync your smart devices to wirelessly share photos and videos.
- It has a precise GPS with Landmark Recognition that works in 10 seconds and gives barometric pressure, altitude, even water depth as it shows the way home.
- You might have to open all slots and dry it out after using for underwater shoots.
- This camera does not have a manual setting to control the aperture, ISO and exposure time.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS OLYMPUS WATERPROOF CAMERA HOUSING
This Olympus waterproof camera housing is perfect for underwater videography not just photography so if you lean towards that angle here is a camera that can do that for you and is still protected from the hazardous weather so you do not have to get a separate camera for it. It is protected from snow, dust or rain and because of its functionality and compact size you can take it anywhere you want and be at ease. I figured that all you need to do is insert the camera in the provided Sea Frogs case then you can take splendid photos at a depth of about 40 meters/130 feet. Cool right?
SEE ON AMAZON
- If you want high performance, get this Olympus waterproof camera which can give you optimum direction for diving photography.
- It comes with great after-sales service which guarantees repairs for a year and its effectiveness will give you no reason at all to return it soon.
- It has undergone strict factory testings to guarantee an exceptional waterproof performance.
- It has an alarm that lets you detect leaks on time.
- It is connected to your flash, the fill-in light, the handle and others and is very easy to use.
- It is compatible with the 5D Mark III and also the 5D Mark IV.
- It is made with Polycarbonate, optical glass, ABS plastic, Stainless steel and EPDM rubber.
- All its buttons have sealKey features and it has a built-in leak detection sensor.
- The camera is quite heavy so if you need something lightweight it might be quite cumbersome.
- The battery life does not quite last after some years of usage and you need to recharge after a few hours of use.
- It is not scratch resistant so you might have to get a pouch for it.
Even if you intend to use your Olympus waterproof camera on a vacation or when you are relishing your summer in a swimming pool, or on an excursion to the beach, or for snorkeling and diving, you will be pleased that you finally decided to get a waterproof camera so you can record and save those precious moments which life gives you for many years to come.